Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mrs Darcy versus the Aliens

This is going to be a very short post. I would just like to share with you all my current favourite guilty pleasure - Mrs Darcy versus the Aliens.

Never mind zombies, sea monsters and mummies, aliens are where it's at. Published twice weekly on a website, this is not only a clever spin on a Jane Austen classic, it's also a jolly good sequel in its own right. The writer, the "Real Mrs Darcy", @RealMrsDarcy on Twitter, describes it as

"Not so much Pride and Prejudice's sequel as its bastard offspring following a drunken one-night stand with the X-files."

I couldn't possibly describe it any better than that.

The Real Mrs Darcy also produces occasional YouTuberances to promote said bastardy, the latest of which is here. I defy you not to laugh yourself into a state of the vapours. When you've recovered, do yourself a favour and read some of Mrs Darcy vs. The Aliens. You won't regret it. Probably.


  1. It sounds bonkers enough to warrant further investigation!

  2. Sounds like interesting reading. Seeing as I am actually classed as an Alien. Yes very interesting.

  3. Love your Jane obsessed blog. I also find it funny how they want to mix Jane with a whole bunch of non-human entities.

    Left you an award on my site, come on by and pick it up.


  4. O-M-G!! You wonderfully crazy, hilarious lady!! I'm enthralled already. You astound me. I'm racing to keep up. That's me huffing and puffing, leaning against an old lamp post, a stitch in my side, bend over double - (but that's from laughing) Kristi

  5. Hey Kristi,

    Thanks, but I'm not the wonderfully crazy, hilarious one - that's @RealMrsDarcy! ;)